POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Drunk droid : Drunk droid Server Time
15 Aug 2024 16:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  Drunk droid
From: Julien Gourdon
Date: 21 May 2002 16:24:37
Message: <3CEAAC1D.A3CE5268@cti.ecp.fr>
Hello

This is my first post to this ng, but not my first image :)
SW2 was for me a good occasion to re-jump into povray after a long time.
This droid is just CSG and is absolutely not finished, but I am quite
glad of the result.
What do you think ? Any comments ?

I have still much work on the material of the bot (it seems too clean,
and lacks many details), but the shape is there I used the
Radiosity_normal settings. Would it have been better to use other
settings ?
The bottle is too clear, it wasn't like that without radiosity (and in a
futur render i'll fill it :-). Perhaps I should use photons, has someone
a good tutorial to begin playing with photons ? And radiosity causes
problems on my machine : it always segfaulted during the render (on
linux like on windows), i had to use someone else's computer to render
this one :( Has someone explanations ?

And if I have time i'll perhaps do a whole scene, much more detailed
than this poor one, but it'll be for the irtc :-)

Regards,

Julien (sorry for my english, it's not my mother language)

--
Jul### [at] cnedraorg
http://www.cnedra.org

Post a reply to this message